Job in London – England – UK, SE4 1HS
Listed on Job Description & How to Apply Below
RPS is currently seeking an experienced Architectural Technologist to join our progressive business in the London office with flexibility for agile working.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual looking to progress their career within our industry leading team where you will be responsible for the day to day management of projects within a project team and lead project design delivery and day to day communication with clients, consultants and contractors.
You will be exposed to a broad range of flagship projects across various sectors including distribution, commercial, battery manufacturing, Airports, rail, education and healthcare.
We’re RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you’ll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you’ll be supported every step of the way.
What you’ll be doing
* Support the Team Director in the technical delivery of projects.
* Challenging, guiding and supporting the project team to achieve sound technical and innovative solutions.
* Performing project reviews and co-ordination to ensure technical requirements are satisfied.
* Specification and Report writing.
* Providing day to day co-ordination of project technical team to achieve agreed project outcomes.
* Demonstrating commercial awareness and knowledge of project management, including cost/time, budget implications, the recording and recovery of additional fees for design variations.
* Supporting tender / bid process and fee proposal activity when required.
* Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards.
Who we’re looking for
The most suitable candidate is likely to have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role and will have gained specific Micro Station skills combined with:
* Good general skills in using Microsoft Office software
* Good understanding of technical software relevant to the design discipline
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good organisational skills to manage deadlines and competing priorities
* Team-working and people management skills
* Experience in the commercial and industrial market preferred
* Analytical capability with strong attention to detail
* The ability to make decisions
What’s in it for you?
We’re an accredited training provider – from entry level to master’s degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you’ll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we’re happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you’re not a number, you’re part of the solution.
What happens next?
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we’d love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and we will try our best to respond to you within three working days.
If you’d like to discuss the role in more detail, please ell at RPS
Note that applications are not being accepted from your jurisdiction for this job currently via this jobsite. Candidate preferences are the decision of the Employer or Recruiting Agent, and are controlled by them alone. To Search, View & Apply for jobs on this site that accept applications from your location or country, tap here to make a Search: Search for further Jobs Here: (Enter less keywords for more results. Suggestions may be selected) LocationEmployment CategoryEducation (minimum level)